Did you know that every day in April in the US is National SOMETHING Day.?
April 1st is April Fool’s Day. It is also National One Cent Day.
I totally missed celebrating National Walk Around Things Day on April 4. I’m sure Shiloh is a fan of this one. She always walks around puddles and grates in the sidewalks. I do tend to walk around piles of books and shoes. Maybe the day means walk around your neighborhood. We do that every day.
In April we have already had:
- National Tweed Day
- National Tartan Day
- National Caramel Popcorn Day
- National Submarine Day
- National Licorice Day
- National Grilled Cheese Day
- National Peach Cobbler Day
- National Scrabble Day
- And of course, National Tax Day
Today, April 19th is:
- National Amaretto Day
- National Garlic Day
- National Hanging Out Day
My adrenaline started pumping when I considered how I could roll all of this together. Gather my friends at our local watering hole to pretend like it’s Friday. Eat a dinner filled with pesto and roasted garlic. Then toast the day with Ameretto cookies and a snifter of the sweet liquor.
National Hanging Out Day is celebrated by hanging your laundry out to dry and sending photos on social media. #1 It’s raining. #2 I did the laundry yesterday and yes, I used the dryer, contributing to household energy consumption. Sigh.
I’m not a big fan of Amaretto. Too sweet. I do LOVE Amaretti cookies! I frequently substitute almond extract where vanilla is call for. A bit of heaven on my taste buds. But I am trying VERY hard to adhere to the plant-based-no-white diet. No white flour. No white sugar. No eggs. I could drive the 30 miles to Whole Foods to buy one of their Amaretti cookies, which are better than anything I can bake. But I can’t eat just one.
So that leaves garlic. It is not bad for the environment and fits perfectly in a plant based diet. Today I will celebrate National Garlic Day and ward off all vampires!
We are only half way through April, so I will plan ahead for:
- National Lima Bean Respect Day. April 20
- National High Five Day. April 21
- National Jelly Bean Day. April 22
- National Talk Like Shakespeare Day. April 23 (Oh, thee of little faith, this could bring such joy to all!)
- National Hug a Plumber Day. April 25
- National Richter Scale Day. April 26 (MUCH more important is My Favorite Daughter’s Birthday)
- National Hairball Awareness Day. April 29
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day. April 30 and definitely
- National Bugs Bunny Day. April 30
That’s all, Folks!